The Sacrament of Confirmation is celebrated annually in our Parish by the Bishop and is also available at the Easter Vigil Mass for adults. Please click on one of the two links below for more information on how you can be a part of this Sacrament.
If you are in grades 8-12, then use the Confirmation Registration to register. Registration for 2016-2017 is now closed.
There is a $25 sacramental fee.
Please attend a 22 week Understanding our Catholic Faith offered by RCIA Team.
Preparation for Confirmation for students (grades 8-12) will be offered in a choice of weekly sessions through our religious education department. Students may either attend the Wednesday 6:30 pm session, the Sunday 8:45 am session, the Sunday 6:30 pm session or the Tuesday 7:00 pm session. These classes begin on September 10, 14 & 16, 2014, respectively, and continue through to May, 2015. Adults will participate in the RCIA classes. see R.C.I.A. (Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults) for more information for the adult's catechesis.
Students participating in the Confirmation process will:
1. Required to attend the offered classes (once a week). Multiple missed classes may result in the student not being prepared.
2. Be learning (by way of refreshing what has been taught over the years of catechesis) the fundamental teachings about a sacrament in general, about Confirmation specifically, and about the effects of Confirmation in the fully initiated Christian.
3. Practical aspects
a) Picking a confirmation name, the name of a saint, and learning about that saints virtues and life.
b) Picking a sponsor (an active practicing and confirmed Catholic who exemplifies Christian virtues and is an important part of your life).
c) Coming to the practice so that the Confirmation Mass runs smoothly
d) Making sure that St. Mary's has all required paperwork and necessary information:
1) Completed registration form
2) Baptism certificate turned in
3) Sponsor affidavit (available to the right)
4. Attending a retreat so as to prayerfully prepare and have the opportunity for confession.
5. Participate in ten (10) hours of service to the parish, school or community.
The parents of students to receive sacraments such as Confirmation are required to attend the 'God Is! Day of Renewal' Retreat. This will be offered three times a year from 8 am- 4:30 pm (and please feel free to attend Saturday night Mass): Saturday, November 14; or Saturday, March 5. There is a $25 charge per family for the retreat that will cover continental breakfast, lunch and snacks.