Smile Ministry - Weekend Greeters
"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do."
- Mother Teresa
We are so excited about this great new ministry! Every weekend we hope to have smiling greeters at every door, before and after every Mass. We want to make a difference in the lives of others, with the gift of a smile! Mother Teresa encourages us with her words, "Smile at each other, smile at your wife, smile at your husband, smile at your children, smile at each other -- it doesn't matter who it is --- and that will help you to grow up in greater love for each other."
How can you volunteer for the Smile Ministry? We have a shared google document (see link below) that allows parishioners to sign-up for a date, Mass time and door. We currently have different ministries assigned to cover specific weekends, but the fourth weekend is always open for anyone that wants to help.
Smile Ministry Schedule
1st Weekend: Men's Club
2nd Weekend: Youth Group
3rd Weekend: School
4th Weekend: Parishioners
5th Weekend: Bible Studies/Small Groups
What you need to know to participate:
1. Click on the link below and type in your name on the date and time you would like to help.
2. Arrive at church 25 minutes before scheduled Mass time.
3. Pick up "Welcome to St. Mary" badge at the Mass coordinator's desk.
4. Go to your scheduled door.
5. Greet people with a SMILE :)
6. Head back to the door during the final song, to say "See you next week," "Goodbye," or whatever the Holy Spirit moves you to say. (Those representing other ministries may want to invite others to attend one of their ministry events.)